[gst-devel] GStreamer beginer problem

Lassi Väätämöinen lassi.vaatamoinen at tut.fi
Sun Sep 7 09:56:11 CEST 2008

On Sunday 07 September 2008 06:39:57 Chen Hailiang wrote:
> Hi,
>   I'm beginning to learn GStreamer this day.there is some problem.
>   my linux is Kubuntu8.04.When the GStreamer installation completed,I
> checked it as the FAQ 5 said. It's OK.So I think my installation was
> correct.
>   I tried to run the example in the application development manual(5.4).
>   I used command "gcc -Wall $(pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-0.10)
> xxx.c -o xxx" to compile it,

At least the compilation command is invalid, I think. You should put the
pkg-config command in `` marks, as follows:

"gcc -Wall `pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-0.10` xxx.c -o xxx"

This way the pkg-config is run first, and the output from that command is
inserted into the gcc command line.

-Lassi