[gst-devel] Is GStreamer X independent ? Is Framebuffer plugin ready?

learning gst learning_gst at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 09:35:54 CEST 2008

I read from the GStreamer's FAQ:

Yes, we have no X dependency in any of our core modules. There are GStreamer applications that
run fine without any need for X. However, until our Linux Framebuffer or libsvga plugin is ready, you
will not be able to play videos without X. In the future, there will probably be lots of different output
plugins for video available.

I hope to know if Linux framebuffer plugin is ready? I hope to use GStreamer in QT-embedded system that does not support x server. Is it possible?

Thanks