[gst-devel] dv1394 Video Capture

Andoni Morales Alastruey ylatuya at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 01:03:26 CEST 2008

Hello:

I'm trying to create a pipeline to capture video streams from a dv1394
source with this behavior:
Displaying the input stream
Encode the video stream to a new file

For this, I have created a decode bin, linked to a tee with 2 outputs:
the first one linked to a display bin and the second one to an encode
bin.

The problem I'm facing is what to do when I decide to start the
encoding, pause it or finally stop it. As all the elements are in the
same pipeline I don't now how to tell the encode bin to go to the
GST_STATE_PAUSED, or how to send it a eos event.In fact, what I don't
really know is if two elements in the same pipeline can be in a
different state. If so, the solution is easy.

Another option I took in consideration  is to remove the encode bin from
the pipeline and set it to the GST_STATE_PAUSED state  or inject an eos
event to it sink pad when I decide to pause the encoding or stop it.

Thanks!