[gst-devel] muxers, timestamps, sparse and continuous recordings

Eric Zhang nicolas.m.zhang at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 03:20:23 CEST 2008

Hi, Stefan:

    I think your pipeline is using GstSystemClock because you mentioned the
source is a live element. If it is, the clock will keep increasing even if
the pipeline is paused. This makes the timestamp noncontinuous. To generate
a continuous timestamp, I think you can try to use the clock provided by
your sink elements. Maybe this is not easy because the live element is
different with other source elements.

Eric