[gst-devel] queue element in gstreamer

ved kpl ved.kpl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 14:22:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

GstQueue creates a thread boundary between the elements before it and
the elements after it.The Gstqueue creates a Gqueue that is used to
hold the input buffers.
A separate thread  reads these buffers from the Gqueue and gives out
to the next element. So you have one thread(chain func being called as
a result of gst_pad_push by previous element) filling the Gqueue and
other(gst_queue_loop started on srcpad) emptying it. The GstQueue is
an gstreamer element that encapsulates all this.
The buffers could be anything .Frames, incomplete frames, etc. That
depends on what the previous element is giving. If the GStQueue is
right after the demuxer and the demuxer gives one video frame per
Gstbuffer, then the Gstqueue will be getting a complete frame and
storing it in Gqueue.

Ved