[gst-devel] Souphttpsrc and playbin

Raj Swaminathan rajshyam at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 22:44:26 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to stream an Internet Radio Channel with playbin. I am going
through a proxy and can use gst-launch in this way to successfully play the
station:

gst-launch souphttpsrc proxy=http://proxyURL location=http://myIRadio.com. !
mad ! alsasink

I do not need to use gst-launch and am actually building my own software
media player ....

When i do not setup proxy but just run my mediaplayer with playbin, I just
wait on an endless loop and get the following debug message on cancelling..
gstsouphttpsrc.c(683): gst_soup_http_src_finished_cb(): /play/source
libsoup status code 1
Error: Cancelled

So playbin is trying to use souphttpsrc but Im assuming the error is becoz
the proxy is not set .....
Can someone plz suggest how to set the proxy property with souphttpsrc and
still use playbin v1 ?

Thanks,
raj