[gst-devel] Link xvid with ffmpeg's mp4 muxer

Alexandre airmind at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 00:22:11 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've been following the Qtmux development very closely (part of Google
Summer Code, which I also participated). It seems to support H.264 now,
which is very good. I'll take a look if it supports xvid.
However, it will take some time to reach the trunk, then a release, and only
then into packages and distros. I wanted something working now, with the
ffmux_mp4.

Could I force a cap in the ffmux? Will that have a problem with the data
going through? I mean, the mux must support xvid, it's just Mpeg4 video.

Thanks,
Alexandre

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 3:58 AM, Stefan Kost <ensonic at hora-obscura.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Alexandre schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to mux the GStreamer xvidenc element with ffmux_mp4, to
> > create a Mpeg 4 file with XVid encoded video, but it's not being
> > succesfull. The xvidenc caps are video/x-xvid, and ffmux supports either
> > mpeg v4 video or video/x-divx.
> Hopefully qtmux is merged to -plugins-bad soon. Lets make sure it support
> it then.
>
> Stefan
>

> > Is there a way to link them, or are they incompatible?
> >
> > --
> > Alexandre Rosenfeld
> >
> > EngComp 06 - USP São Carlos

> challenge
> > Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great
> prizes
> > Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
> world

Alexandre Rosenfeld

EngComp 06 - USP São Carlos