[gst-devel] Freshly baked Windows binaries of HEAD available

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 17:23:54 CEST 2008

Hi

One week ago I tested the OABuild binaries and I found some backward
incompabilities with GLib. I'm actually working on a GTK app using gstreamer
on windows, and the glib version provided by the gtk-sharp installer isn't
compatible with the one used to compile gstreamer  with the OABuild tools (I
don't really know why, but there is an error with gsignal). So what I did,
is to compile GStreamer using the OABuild tools against the older glib
version and all went well.
I tried to replace my installed glib version with the one used to link the
OABuild binaries, but the GTK part failed. And with the glib version
provided by GTK, the gstreamer part failed (always with a gsignal error
when sending a signal).
What I mean is: If you want to provide some GStreamer binaries, try to link
it against the glib version actually provided by the windows gtk installers
as many of us will use GStreamer in combination with GTK. If you don't do
this, your gstreamer binaries will work well on a standalone app, but they
won't work at all with any previous installation.
I dont know if I was clear enough because my english is very poor. Want I
wanted to let clear is that there could be some conflicts with GLib that you
should take in consideration. I  think the GLib version used to link the
GStreamer binaries si too cooler for windows and won't be compatible with
any other previous installation as the one provided by the windows gtk
installer.

Regards, Andoni Morales