[gst-devel] GStreamer core error in banshee: StateChange

Klaus Zeitler info at klauszeitler.de
Sat Sep 13 22:50:46 CEST 2008

    Stefan> Try running banshee from commandline like:
    Stefan> GST_DEBUG="*:3" banshee
    Stefan>
    Stefan> Also please check gstreamer-properties if for some reason your
    Stefan> preferred  audiosink is invalid.

gstreamer-properties shows:
Audio output: Autodetect
Audio input: ALSA

BTW when I start gstreamer-properties I get
gstreamer-properties-Message: Skipping unavailable plugin 'artsdsink'
gstreamer-properties-Message: Skipping unavailable plugin 'pulsesink'
gstreamer-properties-Message: Skipping unavailable plugin 'sdlvideosink'
gstreamer-properties-Message: Skipping unavailable plugin 'v4lmjpegsrc'
gstreamer-properties-Message: Skipping unavailable plugin 'qcamsrc'
gstreamer-properties-Message: Skipping unavailable plugin 'v4l2src'
gstreamer-properties-Message: Skipping unavailable plugin 'esdmon'
gstreamer-properties-Message: Skipping unavailable plugin 'pulsesrc'

Is that normal?

    Stefan> You could also check other gstreamer based apps like totem.

That was a good hint. I tried totem, tried to play a FLAC file.
No sound, but no error messages either. Then I started envy24control
to check the sound output and finally I got an error message that
I understood: No ICE1712 cards found

Thus I de-installed and reinstalled my sound card and voila everything
works just fine now. I have no idea what messed up the sound configuration.

Nevertheless banshee and sound-juicer could do better than spitting out
those 2 error messages I mentioned in my first mail thousands of times in
such a case.

Thanks a lot for your help

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler                                        |
|  Raiffeisenstr. 31 a     90427 Nürnberg     Germany   |
|  Telefon:           49 911 316261      Fax:  316281   |
|  Email:             info at klauszeitler.de              |
---
Christian Fundamentalism: The doctrine that there is an absolutely
powerful, infinitely knowledgeable, universe spanning entity that is
deeply and personally concerned about my sex life.