[gst-devel] Writing a transport stream to the disk and reading itat the same time

Julien Pauty julien.pauty at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 09:56:28 CEST 2008

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

2008/9/16 irfanshaikh <irfanshaikh at tataelxsi.co.in>

>  Hi,
>
> I suggest you to first play the video file using mplayer. So that you come
> to know about the audio video codec sequence as to know whetehr audo or
> video comes first.Based on that you can use the respective decoders as per
> sequence in mplayer.If audio comes first use audio decoder,  else
> video.....

I tried to read a saved transport stream with mplayer but it fails. Vlc can
read the video part but there's no sound. So here, gstreamer is a winner.

I'm using the capabilities of the pads created by the demuxer to determine
the kind of stream that comes out of it, so I'm pretty sure I'm using the
correct decoders.

Julien