[gst-devel] Freshly baked Windows binaries of HEAD available

Julien Isorce julien.isorce at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 12:27:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

I never tested the dshwovideosrc element with or without my patch on Vista.
*Can you test the dshowvideosrc element without the patch, on Vista ?*

If the pipeline still does not want to pause:
- how many video devices do you have on your computer ? you can list them
through graphedt.exe in Video Capture Devices section.
- If you have several video capture devices, please test each one with
dshowvideosrc device-name='..'
(you can get the correct name through graphedt.exe)
- run the command with -v option, and/or with --gst-debug=dshowvideosrc:5
option. Then send us the log.
- if your video device capture supports several ouput formats, force to use
each one:
dshwovideosrc ! "video/x-raw-yuv, format=(fourcc)I420" !  ..  and
dshwovideosrc ! "video/x-raw-rgb" !  ..
and send us the log.

(I have upgraded the patch (but not submited yet) because some special video
devices need more "pin capabilities discovering" but I am waitting someone
commit the one submited first)

(I think this element is not yet mature (not enough devices have been tested
and windows platforms) to start code refactoring.)

J.