[gst-devel] Problems with recording single impulses in wav

Martin.Lehmann at telekom.de Martin.Lehmann at telekom.de
Wed Sep 17 18:16:11 CEST 2008

Hello,

i want to measure my Systems-latency, so created an impulse.wav-file
with one single impulse (1.0) at the first sample. Then I wrote this
commandline:

gst-launch ! filesrc location=impulse.wav ! decodebin ! audioconvert !
alsasink 	alsasrc ! audioconvert ! wavenc ! filesink
location=test.wav

but when I look in my test.wav to count the samples, the signal took,
only every 10th time I see the impulse.
Is this a problem with the wav-format, that it is not really made for
recording impulses? May there be another format, what is better for?

Or is it a problem with buffers and blocks?
In the alsasrc there is a problem changing the values for buffer-time
and latency.

Hope anybody has an idea.