[gst-devel] Seeking multifilesrc

Jorge xxopxe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 18:28:19 CEST 2008

Hi to all.

I'm trying to write a stop-motion creation app, in the vein of
http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/studentgrupper/2005-hig-stopmotion/index.php
but using python, gtk, and well, gstreamer. It's my first using all
three technologies, tough :p
What i'm stump on is on how step frame by frame forward and backwards in
a video loaded trough multifilesrc. I was trying to seek using
gst.FORMAT_BUFFERS as to move one frame at a time, but it doesn't work.
When i attempt a query_position on the pipeline, i get a "query failed".
My pipeline is

multifilesrc ! jpegdec ! cspvideo !videosink.

(multifilesrc has a "image/jpeg,framerate=15/1" cap for correct playing)

I've tried a queue right after multifilesrc, but no difference. Is there
something i have to do for a stream be seekable? Also, the idea is being
able to keep adding image frames without having to reprocess everything
each time...

Any pointer?

Jorge