[gst-devel] SSRC collision with Multicast RTP in Rtpbin

Rahul Mittal rahulmittal321 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 09:18:42 CEST 2008

Hi Guys,I have come across something in rtpsession.c
I am trying to fetch a multicast RTP stream using RTPBIN. The problem is
that when i send any RR packet, since its a multicast stream, the RR packets
get looped back to us.
RTPSession checks for collision and since for the first packet there are no
known conflicts uptill that time, the rtpsession assumes that there is a
collision of ssrc and turns the received_bye flag to true.
This causes rtp packets to be dropped untill new ssrc is created. Just
wanted to know whether this is a known bug and if not then shouldnt we be
checking the netaddress of the loop backed RR packet with the netaddress of
the machine.

thanx
Rahul