[gst-devel] using mulaw decoder

thiagoss thiagossantos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 14:58:19 CEST 2008

Maybe adding capsfilter after filesrc would work (or typefind)

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Vinod Nanjaiah <Vinod_Nanjaiah at mindtree.com
> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I am trying to playback a mulaw audio file using the following pipeline
> construct:
>

> *gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=$1 ! mulawdec ! osssink *
>

> But, I am getting this error:
>

> *ERROR default mulaw-decode.c:199:gst_mulawdec_chain:<mulawdec0> no format
> negotiated*
>

> Is there any other element that I need to include in the pipeline?
>
> I tried using audioconvert (after mulawdec), but got the same error.
>

> what could be the problem?
>
> BTW, I am trying this on Da-vinci platform.
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Vinod Pura
>

> ------------------------------
> This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be
> privileged. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the
> sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any
> unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is
> strictly prohibited. E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments
> please check them for viruses and defects. While MindTree Limited (MindTree)
> has put in place checks to minimize the risks, MindTree will not be
> responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments
> emanating either from within MindTree or outside.
>
> Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not
> be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
>
> MindTree reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
> messages sent to or from MindTree e-mail address. Messages sent to or from
> this e-mail address may be stored on the MindTree e-mail system or else
> where.

Thiago Sousa Santos

Embedded Systems and Pervasive Computing Lab (Embedded)
Center of Electrical Engineering and Informatics (CEEI)
Federal University of Campina Grande (UFCG)