[gst-devel] ffenc_h264 plug-in ???

Irfan Shaikh irfanshaikh at tataelxsi.co.in
Tue Sep 30 06:08:10 CEST 2008

Hi Wim,

    According to your reply ffenc_h264 element does not exist and neither does the 'ffmpeg h264 encoder'. But just going through net i found some pipelines which used ffenc_h264.
Earlier i was also not very sure about exsiting ffmpeg h264 encoder.But needed some clarification.

Can i know in which package can i find h264 encoder used by ffmpeg ergo..... x264.
As Edward told that we we have a plugin : x264enc...Please help me to find the package

Pipelines found on net which used ffenc_h264:

1)gst-launch -v filesrc location=/home/kgupta/testflv/limca.flv ! decodebin name=d ! queue ! videorate ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! video/x-raw-yuv,height=144,width=176,framerate=\(fraction\)15 1 ! ffenc_h264 ! flutsmux name=mux ! filesink location=limca_aac_h264_faacadts.ts d. ! queue ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! audio/x-raw-int, endianness=1234, signed=\(boolean\)true, width=\(int\)16, depth=\(int\)16, rate=(int\)16000,channels=(int\)1 ! faac bitrate=16000 ! mux.

2)gst-launch   cameracapture prio=90 !   queue !  ffmpegcolorspace prio=50   ! queue !   ffenc_h264 prio=50 ! ...

And there are many other to

Thanks for your reply,
Regards,
Irfan

This message (including any attachment) is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access to this message by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) listed above is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action taken or omission of action by you in reliance upon it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete all copies of the message if you have received this message in error.