[gst-devel] Problem in gstrtpbin and AV Transfer---Urgent

Manish Rana manish.rana at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 14:40:03 CEST 2008

Hi All..

I am facing some other problem in RTP Streaming...

I am sending the rtp data over the UDP and playing it on the other end.
I am recording the data from v4l2src @ 10 fps  and  voice data from alsasrc
to send it across. The transmission starts well as well as i can see the
video on the other end.
Now in between i starts to take the data from a file.
I decode the data and encode again to send it using the same rtpbin and
udpsink.

Enc, Pay gstrtpbin and udpsink are the element kept common...means i will
use these elements in both the cases.

the packets goes well and on the other end i can see the AV fine in both the
cases....

Now when i again switch back to v4l2src the packets on the receiver end come
but the decoder (ffdec_mpeg4) gives error.......and there is no updates on
display........

The file i am using is @25fps......
also when i increase the FPS of v4l2src the whole system works
well..... at 20fps.....

Please let me know if i am missing something or i am doing something wrong
way....

Also i tried using different enc and pay elements in both the case..but i i
unlink and link to gstrtpbin, there is no data at all..even in the first
switch to file transfer.............. :(

Please help...i have tried every possible thing to fix this issue....but i
am stuck with the same for last couple of days now.....

Any input will be appreciated from bottum of heart.......

BR
Manish