[gst-devel] video freeze while playing a file without audio

ved kpl ved.kpl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 09:07:47 CEST 2008

Hi,

If you are not pushing any audiodata,  then with what element is the
audiosink element linked? Looks like, you add the audiosink in the
pipeline right at the start.
So when set the pipeline is set to playing and if the file has only
video data, then audiosink will never complete the state change to
PAUSED. (wont preroll)

You need to add the elements after the demux (decoders, sinks),
later., based on the new pads fired by the demuxer.

Ved