[gst-devel] video freeze while playing a file without audio

sudarshan bisht bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 14:06:57 CEST 2008

Hi ,
        In your application you have to check if any stream is not present
then dont connect related elemet to the pipeline .
 You might be using some callback funtion to connect demuxer src pad's with
decoder's sink pad . There you check it u get a valid audio src pad
from demuxer then only link those element with the main bin or pipeline .

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Chen Yong(Ever)[陈勇] <
yongchen at arcsoft.com.cn> wrote:

> Hi,
>        We write an application to create a pipeline, add connect all pads
> to all sinks,
> and simply set pipeline status to playing. In fact, this problem also occur
> in other case, maybe we playback a mpeg file, but while forward scan with
> high-speed, we should send video only(I picture) , video is free zed, too.
>
> >From: "sudarshan bisht" <bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com>
> >Subject: Re: [gst-devel] video freeze while playing a file without
>        audio
> >To: "Discussion of the development of GStreamer"
>        <gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
>
> >Hi ,
>       Can u please tell me how you are running pipeline ?  using
> >gst-launch or using some application written by you  ?
>
> >On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 6:15 AM, Chen Yong(Ever)[??] <
>  >yongchen at arcsoft.com.cn> wrote:
>
> > Thanks your reply. In my example, we don't push any audio data to
> > down-streaming element, only push video data, but video is freeezed.
> >

> > >Hi ,
> > >
> > >        When u don't have audio data in your container file then that
> time
> > >don't create pad for that stream in plugin code i.e. dont try to push
> > audio
> > >data to next element .
> > >      In your case what is happening is that you dont have audio data
> even
> > >then you are trying to push some junk data to next element and in that
> > case
> > >next element is returning some other return value than GST_FLOW_OK  from
> > its
> > >chain function .
> > >      To debug this just see return value of gst_pad_push( )  fucntion ,
> > >this value should be GST_FLOW_OK .

Regards,

Sudarshan Bisht