[gst-devel] Re : how to set mixer settings

john david mediadevel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 17:15:17 CEST 2008

Hi,
        I want to record sound, from my sound card using OSS and encode it
to an Ogg/Vorbis file using gstreamer.  I used btaudio driver.
*Command* that used :
gst-launch-0.10 -v osssrc device=/dev/dsp ! audioconvert ! vorbisenc !
oggmux ! filesink location=mymusic.ogg

For this, i got *error message*, from element /pipeline0/osssrc0: Could not
get/set settings from/on resource.
and the detailed error messages are:
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/osssrc0: Could not get/set settings from/on
resource.
Additional debug info:
gstosssrc.c(439): gst_oss_src_prepare (): /pipeline0/osssrc0:
Unable to set param SETFRAGMENT: Invalid argument
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...
*and how to set mixer settings, and is there any packages i have to install.
If then pls tell which packages i have to install.
*
But i 'm able to capture audio data using (audio device /dev/dsp for oss )
some other application tools and play it without any errors.

Regards,
John david.