[gst-devel] rtpmp4gpay & rtpmp4vpay

Irfan Shaikh irfanshaikh at tataelxsi.co.in
Tue Sep 30 10:45:41 CEST 2008

Hi all,
       I am facing difficulty to choose the correct payloader for my requirement. My requirement is to hav a live capture through video camera and stream in on Client QT player.I am very confused to differentiate between the payload packetizers to use.

       Earlier i had a understanding that rtpmp4vpay is for MPEG4 simple profile {layer 0, 1, 2, 3}
       And rtpmp4gpay is for MPEG4 advanced profile. But i feel my understanding is not so correct.
Please make clear about the usage of both payload packetizers for MPEG4.Which one should i prefer ??

rtpmp4vpay:
      RTP MPEG-4 Video packet payloader
      Payload MPEG-4 video as RTP packets (RFC 3016)
      media: video
      encoding-name: MP4V-ES

rtpmp4gpay:
      RTP packet payloader
      Codec/Payloader/Network
      Payload MPEG4 elementary streams as RTP packets (RFC 3640)
      media: { video, audio, application }
      encoding-name: MPEG4-GENERIC

  Regards,
Irfan

This message (including any attachment) is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access to this message by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) listed above is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action taken or omission of action by you in reliance upon it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete all copies of the message if you have received this message in error.