[gst-devel] osxvideosink

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Apr 2 01:25:51 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM, P O'Hanlon <p.ohanlon at gmail.com> wrote:
> I’ve been trying to play video with gstreamer on the mac (OSX10.5.6) -
> I’ve been trying the latest macport(1.7.0) versions (good-0.10.14 &
> base-0.10.22) but I don’t see anything when I just try the simple
> test:
>
> gst-launch videotestsrc ! osxvideosink

Some older versions of osxvideosink sort of worked when you did this.

Because of how cocoa works, though, this caused MAJOR problems in real
applications that were using osxvideosink. So, in the current
releases, osxvideosink can no longer be used without a hosting
application setting up a view for it to draw into. Sorry about that.

Mike