[gst-devel] How-to compile a plugin?

El Piraña piranna at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 17:42:48 CEST 2009

In first place, this is mi first message and my english is a bit out-dated ;-)

Well, here we go: i'm triying to do a SDL_Surface sink plugin (and
maybe later a GL texture sink) using the code from the actual
sdlvideosink to integrate it in a videogame and be able to play videos
without effort. I thought at a first point that sdlvideosink would
render it to a SDL_Surface, but it only render it to the screen using
a SDL window :-( So i'm taking it's code and adapting it so it renders
to a internal SDL_Surface and be able to get it accesing to it's
GObject attribute (it's said, access to the SDL_Surface pointer where
my sdlsurfacesink is painting and get it).

But my problem is more simple (i hope to don't have ploblems with the
SDL_Overlay... :-P ): i can't be able to compile my sdlsurfacesink,
and i'm not be able to get info how to do it. In fact, i only found
info about how to compile ALL GStreamer, but not only one (custom)
plugin, and at the GStreamer Plugin Manual there's no info about it
:-(

So i'm asking about:

1º How i can be able to compile the plugin? GCC command line,
makefile, developer tools... anything?
2ª How i can be able to notify GStreamer that i have this
little-cool-&-cute plugin and i want to use it? :-P

I have been playing a little with gst-launch-0.10, and compiled a pair
of examples of how-to overlay an X11 output of GStreamer on a SDL
window, and i have develop some SDL videogames before so i think i
have all the environment to compile this little thing... I only want
to know how a dummy like me can compile this :-P

I'm using GCC 4.2 in Ubuntu 8.10 in a Intel Pentium III 1,1GHz, 320MB
ram and Intel i810 videocard. The code from the sdlvideosink that i'm
using as base for my sdlsurfacesink i found it on internet and seems
to be a little outdated (doesn't have the fullscreen option of the
actual, or at least i didn't fount it), but it has all that i need to
learn how it works, how GObjects works, and more important, how to get
the video and how to work with it :-P

Thanks in advance and hopping your answer :-)

P.D.: any question don't doubt in ask to me ;-)

--
"Sonrie, aunque solo sea una sonrisa triste, porque mas triste que una
sonrisa triste es la tristeza de no saber sonreir." Emblema de

Aumenta el indice de lectura del pais, ¡lee mi blog! :-D
http://alcor12.alcorconwireless.net/drupal/blog/2