[gst-devel] How to predict which properties will be live-changeable ?

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Wed Apr 8 20:55:48 CEST 2009

Florent schrieb:
>> I was once wondering also if we could mark up string-properties in away
>> to tell that they are file-names or uris.
>
> Isn't the property's name itself (location / uri) sufficiently
> standard to use it as identifier ?

its a bit weak. how do you know that location is not an uri, or that its not
e.g. the location in the sense of a geo coordinate.

>> Btw. buzztard generates UIs for gstreamer plugins.
>
> Do you say that it also uses an introspection mecanism
> (pipeline->get_plugins->get_properties->create_widgets_for_properties)?

this is the code
http://buzztard.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/buzztard/trunk/buzztard/src/ui/edit/machine-properties-dialog.c?revision=2336&view=markup

and these are two sample images
http://buzztard.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/buzztard/trunk/buzztard/docs/help/bt-edit/C/figures/machine-properties.png?revision=2085&view=markup