[gst-devel] about GStreamer performance problem

liangzhihong1984 liangzhihong1984 at 126.com
Mon Apr 13 15:21:25 CEST 2009

I did such a test:
make an HDV camera connect to a PC, I call it PC1, and then streaming the mpeg2ts video data captured from this device with:
hdv1394src ! queue ! mpegtsparse ! rtpmp2tpay ! udpsink host=192.168.1.100 port=500
and some other stuff, such as gstrtpbin  related.
and then I received the stream on PC2 use GStreamer pipeline first, and VLC to compare.

I found that GStreamer's performance is rather bad, the delay is more than 3 seconds, which of VLC is 1.2s.

Can anybody tell me why and how to improve it?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards