[gst-devel] flutsmux video time

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Fri Apr 17 16:16:26 CEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 16:01 +0200, ldac wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using the following gstreamer pipeline to save a MPEG2-TS file
> using Fluendo MPEG2-TS muxer:
>
> gst-launch-0.10 videotestsrc !
> video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)I420,width=640,height=480,framerate=(fraction)25/1
> ! \
>                   videorate ! queue ! x264enc ! h264parse ! queue ! mux. \
>                   audiotestsrc ! audioconvert !
> audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! ffenc_mp2 ! queue ! mux. \
>                   flutsmux name=mux ! filesink location=/tmp/test.ts
>
>     The point is that I start a chronometer when I launch the pipeline,
> and I stop it when 10 seconds has elapsed. But when I play the file
> using either VLC or mplayer o whatever, the playing time is around 3
> times the expected 10 seconds (over 34 seconds).

This pipeline has no constraint to run at realtime speed - it will
simply encode and mux frames as quickly as your CPU can handle, which
appears to be about 3 times faster than realtime for you.

Only pipelines that contain an element which waits on the clock, or
where the data comes from a rate-limited input (like RTSP or DVB) will
run at 'real time' speed.

- Jan.
--
Jan Schmidt <thaytan at noraisin.net>