[gst-devel] MPEG 1 layer 2 decoder element

Josep Creus creus at ac.upc.edu
Mon Apr 20 18:27:22 CEST 2009

Luis David Alvarez wrote:

>     Hi all,
>
> which element should I use to decode MPEG 1 layer 2 audio stream
> encoded using /ffenc_mp2/? In which plugins package it is included?
>
>     I have ffenc_mp2 at gst-ffmpeg, and also lame to encode and
> ffdec_mp3 or mad to decode MPEG 1 layer 3.
>
>     Thanks.
>     LD.

> Stay on top of everything new and different, both inside and
> around Java (TM) technology - register by April 22, and save
> $200 on the JavaOne (SM) conference, June 2-5, 2009, San Francisco.
> 300 plus technical and hands-on sessions. Register today.
> Use priority code J9JMT32. http://p.sf.net/sfu/p

I don't know if it is the correct way of doing it, but I have a mpeg-1
file with mpeg-1 layer 2 audio stream, its played with flump3dec.

A quick look to gst-inspect flump3dec:

"Factory Details:
  Long name:    Fluendo MP3 Decoder (liboil build)
  Class:        Codec/Decoder/Audio
  Author(s):    Fluendo Support <support at fluendo.com>
  Rank:         primary (256)"

Greetings,