[gst-devel] Saving a live stream

thiagoss thiagossantos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 15:19:52 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Jyoti <jyoti.d at allaboutif.com> wrote:

> But I am getting error on ffmux_mp4 element.
> So why are those errors shown?

The log you sent seems to have nothing about the error you receive on the
console (at least, I couldn't find it). If you don't feel like going further
into the problem with ffmux_mp4 you can try mp4mux from -bad instead. But
maybe someone out there knows gst-ffmpeg and the answer for your problem.

Attached is the log of the receiver pipeline.
> And I could not get the EOS part you mentioned.
> Could you please elaborate on that?

When you are recording from live pipelines and you stop gst-launch with
ctrl+c, it simply shuts the pipeline down, no EOS is sent. Some muxers need
to send data after they receive EOS to finish the file properly, if no EOS
is received the file ends up in an unconsistent state.
A new feature has been added to git head and will be in the next core
release (the prerelease is already up, you might try it from there)

> Thanks
>
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 3:45 PM, vikram kf <ved.kpl at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The pipeline needs to shut down gracefully. You will have to send eos
>> to pipeline.
>> Ctrl-C won't work as the pipeline is shut down abruptly.
>> But I guess, eos feature is recently added for gst-launch.
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Jyoti <jyoti.d at allaboutif.com> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I am trying to save a live stream in a file. Below are the pipelines &
>> error
>> > messages.
>> >
>> > Sender side Pipeline:
>> > gst-launch gstrtpbin name=rtpbin filesrc
>> > location=~/Desktop/h264-aac/alien.mp4 ! qtdemux name=d d. ! rtph264pay !
>> > rtpbin.send_rtp_sink_0 rtpbin.send_rtp_src_0 ! udpsink port=5002
>> > host=239.220.8.13 rtpbin.send_rtcp_src_0 ! udpsink port=5003
>> > host=239.220.8.13 sync=false async=false udpsrc port=5007 !
>> > rtpbin.recv_rtcp_sink_0
>> >
>> > Receiver side Pipeline:
>> > gst-launch udpsrc caps="application/x-rtp, media=(string)video,
>> > clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264,
>> > profile-level-id=(string)4d4033,
>> >
>> sprop-parameter-sets=(string)\"Z01AM5JSAoP2AiAAAAMDACAAAAYR4wZJ\\,aO4CvIA\\=\",
>> > ssrc=(guint)2050116617, payload=(int)96, clock-base=(guint)3965693777,
>> > seqnum-base=(guint)4980" port=5002 ! queue2 ! rtph264depay ! ffmux_mp4 !
>> > filesink location=~/Desktop/test.mp4
>> >
>> > ERROR:
>> >
>> > Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
>> > Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
>> > Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
>> > New clock: GstSystemClock
>> > ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/ffmux_mp4:ffmux_mp40: Could
>> not
>> > configure supporting library.
>> > Additional debug info:
>> > gstffmpegmux.c(485): gst_ffmpegmux_collected ():
>> > /GstPipeline:pipeline0/ffmux_mp4:ffmux_mp40:
>> > Failed to write file header - check codec settings
>> > Execution ended after 2126051332 ns.
>> > Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
>> > Setting pipeline to READY ...
>> > Setting pipeline to NULL ...
>> > FREEING pipeline ...
>> >
>> > Can anyone suggest the way to save live stream.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > PS : The file I am streaming on sender side has H264 video content.

Thiago Sousa Santos

Embedded Systems and Pervasive Computing Lab (Embedded)
Center of Electrical Engineering and Informatics (CEEI)
Federal University of Campina Grande (UFCG)