[gst-devel] Direct Show video sink expose event support

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:38:24 CEST 2009

hi,

I'm trying to add frame stepping support to my video player and I'm
having some troubles on Windows using the directshowvideosink.

On linux, even with the pipeline in paused state, when I seek to the
next frame, this one is drawn without even calling the
gst_x_overlay_expose() method.

Instead on Windows I need to set the the pipeline into playing state
before sending the seek event and then reset the pipeline to paused
state to get the next frame displayed, which doesn't always work  as
some times the seek is done before returning to the paused state.

Why, using the Direct Show video sink, the current frame isn't not
drawn when the pipeline is in paused state?
I would like to use the XOverlay "expose" function for this but it's
not implemented on the Direct Show video sink.

Regards,
Andoni Morales