[gst-devel] dvbsrc/dvbbasebin problems

Krzysztof Adamski krzysztof.adamski at korbank.pl
Wed Apr 29 13:21:30 CEST 2009

I'm trying to play streams (at least FTA) from my DVB-S card using
gstreamer but after couple hours of testing i'm still having problems.
Hope someone can help me..

First I was trying to get video using dvbsrc.. it works when i'm saving
it to file with following pipeline:
gst-launch-0.10 -m dvbsrc adapter=0 frequency=10719000 pids=163:92 \
  polarity=v symbol-rate=27500 ! filesink location=/tmp/1.ts

Now i'm able to play the file (with smooth video) using:
gst-launch -m filesrc location=/tmp/1.ts ! mpegtsdemux es-pids=163:92\
 !  mpeg2dec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink

So far it's good, the problems starts when I'm trying to watch live
wideo. I'm using following pipline to do that:
gst-launch-0.10 -m dvbsrc adapter=0 frequency=10719000 pids=163:92 \
  polarity=v symbol-rate=27500 ! mpegtsdemux es-pids=163:92 ! mpeg2dec \
  ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink

The video is shown but it is not smooth.. it shows 1 frame, then it
stops for a while (sometimes half of secound, sometimes 2 seconds, it
depends) and play another frame.. sometimes it works fine for a second
or two and then stops again and so on.. Any ideas on why it's working
like this?

I have also tried using dvbbasebin with slightly changed pipline (using
program-numbers instead of pids):
gst-launch-0.10 -m dvbbasebin adapter=0 frequency=10719000 \
program-numbers=4404 polarity=v symbol-rate=27500 \
.program_4404 ! filesink location=/tmp/1.ts

While running that i'm getting some messages from mpegtsparse0 with eit
and sdt elements but and the file /tmp/1.ts seams to contain only this
packets (it has 8kb after a minute of playing and viewing it in ghex
shows this are MPEG packages with some text information about channels).
Is this EPG or something? Why there is no video?

Anybody could point me out what I'm doing wrong?