[gst-devel] How to send data to next elemnet before calling _chain()

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Aug 19 19:34:40 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 4:41 AM, Chen, Weian<weian.chen at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to send some data to the next element before calling the _chain
> function (such as send the data from src element to encoder element), does
> it possible?

Can you explain in a bit more detail what you want to do?

You normally should call gst_pad_push() to send data to the next
element in your pipeline - but that calls the chain function in that
next element, so it sounds like you're asking for something different?

What data do you want to send? Why do you want to avoid calling the
chain function when sending this data?

Mike