[gst-devel] glupload, glimagesink openGL question

Miquel Àngel Farré miquel.farre at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 12:53:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

I would like to obtain video from a stream and send it to my openGL based
application, and draw the frames there.

My idea is use glupload to obtain openGL textures and then load these into
the application through appsink.

* Question: there is a better way to pass the textures to my app instead of
appsink ?

I have been trying some pipes before start coding:

 This one works correctly:

  gst-launch -v -m filesrc location=../dumps/itv.ts !  mpegtsdemux
program-number="8442" ! queue ! mpeg2dec ! glimagesink

 Doesen't work:

   gst-launch -v -m filesrc location=../dumps/itv.ts !  mpegtsdemux
program-number="8442" ! queue ! mpeg2dec ! glupload ! glimagesink

   gst-launch -v -m filesrc location=../dumps/itv.ts !  mpegtsdemux
program-number="8442" ! queue ! mpeg2dec ! glupload ! gldownload !
glimagesink

 * Question: what glupload ! glimagesink do?

Thanks,

 Miquel