[gst-devel] Question on re-do playback with self-developed elements

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Fri Dec 4 07:02:14 CET 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:55 PM, Chen, Weian <weian.chen at intel.com> wrote:

> Could anybody here give me some hint on what’s the problem here?

I guess some of the downwards state changes are failing. It's hard to
say why - something inside your code.

> And why the number after videosink will increase? (videosink1, videosink2,
> videosink3, ….)

GStreamer gives elements a unique name (unless the application
provides a name). So, every time totem creates a new video sink, it
gets an incremented number as part of the automatically-created name.

Mike