[gst-devel] saving rtsp stream tracks

gather bzbz gbzbz at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 21 08:02:58 CET 2009

Hi, I try to use gstreamer to receive rtsp stream to files. The stream contains a track1 for audio and track2 for video. VLC works very well with the stream. When I use the following command pipeline
" gst-launch rtspsrc location=rtsp://<ip> debug=true ! fakesink ", I can see that gstreamer actually gets the SDP part right. See following info.

 medias:
  media 0:
   media:       'audio'
   port:        '0'
   num_ports:   '4294967295'
   proto:       'RTP/AVP'
   formats:
    format  '14'
   information: '(NULL)'
   connections:
    nettype:      'IN'
    addrtype:     'IP4'
    address:      '0.0.0.0'
    ttl:          '0'
    addr_number:  '0'
   key:
    type:       '(NULL)'
    data:       '(NULL)'
   attributes:
    attribute 'control' : 'track1'
  media 1:
   media:       'video'
   port:        '0'
   num_ports:   '4294967295'
   proto:       'RTP/AVP'
   formats:
    format  '97'
   information: '(NULL)'
   connections:
    nettype:      'IN'
    addrtype:     'IP4'
    address:      '0.0.0.0'
    ttl:          '0'
    addr_number:  '0'
   key:
    type:       '(NULL)'
    data:       '(NULL)'
   attributes:
    attribute 'rtpmap' : '97 H264/90000'
    attribute 'fmtp' : '97 packetization-mode=1;profile-level-id=<num>;sprop-parameter-sets=<str>'
    attribute 'control' : 'track2'

How can I save the audio track1 to a file and video track2 to another so I can do some post-processings? Thanks a lot for your help!!!