[gst-devel] <no subject>

Darren Staples dstaples at friendmts.co.uk
Tue Jan 6 13:20:34 CET 2009

I¹ve only recently come across Gstreamer, so I¹m hoping you guys might be
able to give me some pointers as to the best way to achieve the following.

I need an application which will take video input (in any of the common i.e.
AVI, FLV, MPG, MOV etc. formats) from a local file, and decode the frames
one by one. I want the frames to be 8-bit luminance only i.e. greyscale, and
I need to be able to access the raw pixel data for each frame.

Processing of the luminance frame data may be slower than the OEnatural¹
frame rate of the video, so OEplayback¹ will almost certainly be slower than
real-time. How do I control the pipeline so I process a single frame before
decoding the next ?

I don¹t care about any audio track that might or might not be present.

Any pointers or tips you can offer would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance,

Darren