[gst-devel] New GStreamer binaries for Windows based on OAbuild.

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 14:31:33 CET 2009

  We're about to switch the whole of GStreamer to git soon, I think it

> would be nice if we could centralize OABuild alongside GStreamer in the
> same repositories. We already have a jhbuild module there.
>
>   Tell us if you're interested, and other GStreamer hackers/devs can
> also raise their voice if they're against/for that idea,

I think it's a good idea to centralize OABuild along GStreamer in the same
repository. The problem is that the OABuild "method" requires changes in the
code of some plugins. A posible solution  is to use preprocesor directives
as these changes just affect to 3 or 4 plugins.
Besides this methods requires external depencies (GLib, xvid, x264, oil,
etc..), that cannot be complied with Visual Studio and must me complied with
mingw/msys.  This is not a big problem as they can be added in the OAbuild
module.

Regards,
Andoni Morales