[gst-devel] <no subject>

Darren Staples dstaples at friendmts.co.uk
Mon Jan 19 15:47:14 CET 2009

I¹ve got a Gstreamer pipeline grabbing frames of raw video data several
times faster than real-time (which is great !)
I¹ve done this using something like:

while( !gst_app_sink_is_eos( sink ))
{
    buffer = gst_app_sink_pull_buffer( sink );
    do_something_with_buffer(...);
}

This works, but there is no error detection for events other than end of
stream.

If I were to use a GMainLoop/GMainContext approach instead, is there a
Gstreamer event which would tell me every time a frame was ready to be
processed ?
The GstMessageType documentation seems to hint that GST_MESSAGE_STEP_DONE
will do this, but then says it¹s not implemented yet...

Is there a better way to do this ?

Darren

*** FRIEND MTS LIMITED EMAIL CONFIDENTIALITY ***

This email message and any attachments may
contain information which is confidential or privileged
and is intended for the sole use of the person to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosures, copying,
distribution or use of the contents is prohibited.  If you
have received this email message in error, please
notify our office by telephone (+44 (0)121 633 2000)
or email (admin at friendmts.co.uk) immediately.  Thank you.