[gst-devel] How to register Gstreamer Plugin with Playbin so that playbin detect my plugins

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 10:24:40 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 21:48 -0800, rakesh sharma wrote:

> I have written mp4sp decoder plugin and i want this plugin should be detected
> and used by playbin ....

Mike has given you all the details you need. How about you give us the
gst-inspect output for your element so we can double-check the details?

Alternatively, you could provide us with details on *all* of the points
Mike mentioned, namely:

> > The key points to check, if you want playbin to autoplug it, are:
> >  - correct element details class
> >  - non-zero rank (and higher than other alternatives playbin might select)
> >  - correct caps templates.

> Can anybody help me with a simple example....!!!

Almost every single decoder and demuxer in gst-plugins-base and
gst-plugins-good will do as an example.

Cheers
 -Tim