[gst-devel] element specific bus messages

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Jan 20 19:16:11 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 8:09 AM, Tim Hilden <tim.hilden at googlemail.com> wrote:
> hi there,
>
> playing around with the (sparsly documented) Gstreamer a couple of
> questions came to my mind.
>
> This one is about the element specific bus messages. Getting a message
> of type GST_MESSAGE_ELEMENT I wonder where I can find the "specific
> element's documentation" that is mentioned in the API doc. The online
> doc of elements like xvimagesink or jpegenc don't contain any
> information on what the element's bus messages contain. So where can I
> find that information?

That would mean a) those elements don't have any element-specific
messages, or b) they're missing documentation for any they might send.

In this case, they just don't have any element-specific messages
(though xvimagesink will send a "prepare-xwindow-id" message - as
documented in the GstXOverlay interface, which it implements.

Mike