[gst-devel] 3gp demux plugin working on PC but not on target

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Jan 26 19:32:52 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 3:46 AM, Rahul Verma <rahul.verma at sasken.com> wrote:

> Thanks Mike, this helped a lot. I was referring to ffmpeg_demux all this while and was going on the wrong track. As you said, I used gst_pad_pull_range() and it works wonderfully well. Now I don't have any dependency on the file source file handle.
>
> One additional thing I needed to clarify. I tried using the same buffer returned by gst_pad_pull_range() in the function gst_pad_push() and got a crash. I tried functions like gst_buffer_make_writeable(), but even that did not help much. For the time being I am doing a memcpy and pushing the data, which I think is not a clean way. It is also causing audio breaks. Is there a way I can bypass this memcpy??

You should be able to push a buffer that you have pulled from
upstream. If you can't, then presumably you're getting your
refcounting wrong somewhere (or there's some other problem; hard to
say...). When you just say "got a crash" it's not too helpful - you
need to at least find out where it's crashing, and why.

>>I don't know either. Sorry, I can only give general suggestions, since
>>you're not writing an open source plugin. Looking at the debug output
>>(GST_DEBUG) might help you.
>
> This AV sync is the last major issue I am facing. For a few streams, AV sync works fine, but for one particular stream I am having a pretty hard time. Anyways, I will keep my experiments going and try to keep you informed too. GST_DEBUG is also of not much help because GST_DEBUG:3 and above causes crash at random places when I run the code on target.

Well, that seems like a much more serious problem that you should fix
first! If GST_DEBUG isn't working, then there's something seriously
wrong with (probably) lower-level software that gstreamer relies on.
Possibly you've compiled glib incorrectly or something. If you don't
fix that, then you shouldn't expect gstreamer to work correctly at all
- this could easily be the cause of your other crashes.

Mike