[gst-devel] How to build example plugin without installing gstreamer

Rad E. rad_e at rocketmail.com
Sat Jul 11 07:48:46 CEST 2009

I am learning how to write a gstreamer plugin. I got the example plugin from git, and unfortunately failed to build it -- no gstreamer installed. On the machine I am working I don't have root privileges and cannot install gstreamer. I downloaded gstreamer and compiled it in my home folder. My question is how do I tell makefiles to look for those libraries in my home folder? Which config file should I be editing?

Any pointers will be appreciated.
thanx