[gst-devel] Dynamic text overlay

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Mon Jul 27 21:57:31 CEST 2009

MailingList SVR schrieb:
> In data sabato 25 luglio 2009 12:53:27, Tim-Philipp Müller ha scritto:
> : > On Sat, 2009-07-25 at 12:07 +0200, MailingList SVR wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> It is possible to dynamically change the text overlay on a video in a
>>> running pipeline? There is some gstreamer plugin that can do this?
>> Yes, you can use the textoverlay element and change the "text" property
>> any time you like. If you want to change the text depending on the
>> stream time, you'll have to make textoverlay support the GstController
>> interface for that property (or file a bug in bugzilla so we can add
>> that).
>
> All I want is to add date and time overlay on a source stream and send it to udpsink without reencode the stream, there is a way to do this?
> thanks

Why not sending a syncronized custom event and use libdataprotocol for the
udpsink/src. if you want to see the actual time&date on the sink, you can use a
pad_probe and configure textoverlay with the message (or make a copy of
textoverlay that does handles the message).

That brings me to the point that it would sometimes be useful to have an element
config event that carries the element name and property value pairs. when an
elemnt receives it, its sets its properties to those values.

Stefan