[gst-devel] GStreamer bugzilla improvements

Filippo Argiolas filippo.argiolas at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 10:13:45 CEST 2009

Right now there seem to be no way to watch single components in
gstreamer bugzilla.
Almost every component
(http://bugzilla.gnome.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=gstreamer)
sets up gstreamer-bugs at lists.sourceforge.net as Default Assignee. So
you can watch that but you get all gstreamer bugs. What if I'm only
interested in e.g. -good and -gl?
One of the points of separate components is to notify right people for
each one and unclutter everyone else from bugs he's not going to
triage.

As far as I can tell bugzilla provides the chance to set up fake
aliases for each component (e.g. gst-plugins-good at gnome.bugs,
gst-plugins-gl at gnome.bugs, and so on). This would give us a way to
watch single components while still leaving
gstreamer-bugs at lists.sourceforge.net as Default QA contact.

So, anybody against this change? Am I missing anything?
CC-ing BugSquad so they can correct me if I'm wrong

Filippo