[gst-devel] gst_buffer_unref and pad push

Arnab Samanta arnabsamanta at tataelxsi.co.in
Fri Jun 5 12:42:31 CEST 2009

 Hello Developers,

 When a plugin does the gst_pad_push() of a buffer, the next plugin in the
 pipeline does the gst_buffer_unref() of that buffer in its chain().

 What if gst_pad_push() fails .... in that case is the plugin sending the
 buffer has to unreference the buffer or is is done internally by Gstreamer ?

 My understanding is it should be done by the plugin doing the pad_push() as
 it can be seen in many plugin codes.

 But when I am doing as its mentioned above,
 I am getting the Gstreamer Warning:

(<unknown>:1295): GStreamer-CRITICAL **:

gst_mini_object_unref: assertion `mini_object->refcount > 0' failed
which means , the reference count of the buffer is already 0.

I am unable to understand the reason for above.

Please help me to understand why am I getting the warning as such .

Thanks in advance

Ragards,

Arnab