[gst-devel] [gst-cvs] gstreamer: registry: allow plugins to cache extra data in registry. Fixes #570233

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Jun 8 12:02:54 CEST 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 13:50 -0700, Stefan Kost wrote:

Hi,

> Author: Stefan Kost <ensonic at users.sf.net>
> Date:   Sun Jun  7 23:46:54 2009 +0300
>
> registry: allow plugins to cache extra data in registry. Fixes #570233
>
> Add a GstStructure to GstPlugin. Plugins can retieve it in plugin_init and
> access the cached info or build the cache and store it there.

nice that you added this functionality, but:

 - may I ask if anyone reviewed this new API before you
   committed it? Putting a patch into bugzilla on a Saturday
   night and committing it on Sunday doesn't really cut it
   for non-trivial API. [*]

 - could you please add 'Since: 0.10.24' to the gtk-doc
   markup [*]

 - could you next time please clearly mention the API you
   added in your commit message, ideally including the
   'API' keyword [*], like:
   API: add gst_plugin_frobnicate_foo()

Thanks!

Cheers