[gst-devel] Connecting my source plugin to gstfaad

Krishnakumar Ramachandran krishnakumar.ramachandran at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 15:02:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

 I am trying to connect a source plugin to gstfaad plugin. the capabilities
of my source plugin's source pad are as follows.

static GstStaticPadTemplate src_factory = GST_STATIC_PAD_TEMPLATE ("src",
    GST_PAD_SRC,
    GST_PAD_ALWAYS,
    GST_STATIC_CAPS ("audio/mpeg, " "mpegversion = (int) 2")
    );

>From my plugin, I am first getting 14 bytes which is some AAC specific
header and then AAC frames one after the other (the AAC data is parsed and i
get one frame at a time).

Is the defenition of my pad template correct? Also what should I do with AAC
data I am getting? As of now I am trying to push them as is to the faad (The
14 bytes first and then a frame by frame.) But the faad does not even seem
to move to the PAUSED state.