[gst-devel] Help on souphttpsrc

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Jun 17 10:34:15 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 16:39 -0700, snvd1 wrote:

> I'm creating a video player that can stream video from the internet, and
> performs seeking on the stream. Somebody indicates souphttpsrc is the
> solution but it doesn't work for me, my code looks like the beloow, when I
> call  gst_element_seek_simple(pipeline, GST_FORMAT_TIME,
> GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH, 5*GST_SECOND), it always fails, please please help.

Whether seeking over http will work depends mostly on (a) the type of
stream/file (live broadcast, static file download?) (b) the server (does
it support seeking, does it supply the content length?) (c) the
demuxer/parser in question (ie. the file format of the stream).

So hard to say more without more information.

 Cheers
  -Tim