[gst-devel] decodebin2 occasionally cannot identify type of stream

Krishnakumar Ramachandran krishnakumar.ramachandran at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 08:55:57 CEST 2009

I am writing a custom network source (which is actually a source an demux
coupled). I my source's sink pad, I am pushing h.264 video (one frame at a
time). I am trying the following pipeline with my source.

gst-launch mysrc name=src src.vsrc ! queue ! decodebin2 ! autovideosink

Sometimes(some 30% of the time) this works without any issue and I can see
video. Remaining times I am getting the following error

ERROR: from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin2:decodebin20/GstTypeFindElement:typefind:
Could not determine type of stream.
Additional debug info:
gsttypefindelement.c(660): gst_type_find_element_chain_do_typefinding ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin2:decodebin20/GstTypeFindElement:typefind
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.

In my h.264 stream SPS/PPS are going as part of the first frame. And this is
always the case.

Is there anything I am missing here?

Regards
KK