[gst-devel] live stream and buffer

Bibin joseph josebibin1984 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 06:45:29 CEST 2009

Can I store live stream into buffer? My function should consume from
this buffer.
For example, instead of writing a video stream into a sink element such
as filesink or ximagesink, I should be able to write it into a buffer.
An element, such as a videomixer should be able to consume from this
buffer in real time; if there is no data in the buffer also, the
videomixer should be alive; it should not act as if it had received an
EOS meggase, when the buffer becomes empty.
In short, I should be able to send data to the videomixer as I wish; the
videomixer should be alive all the time.
Can I use appsink for this purpose? If so, how can it be done?

Somebody please help - I'm very young to gstreamer.
Thanks and Regards,
Bibin