[gst-devel] Firewire cameras with DirectShow

Julien Isorce julien.isorce at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 16:34:26 CEST 2009

2009/6/25 Phil Rendell <philrendell at gmail.com>

> There is only one filter under the Video Capture Sources group: the
> Microsoft DV Camera and VCR. There are two output pins: DV A/V Out and DV
> Vid Out. All of the properties in DV A/V Out are disabled and are either
> empty or set to 'None', with the exception of the color space/compression
> (which is probably the one we're interested in) which is set to dvsd.
>
> The properties for DV Vid Out are the same as above, but without the color
> space/compression set.

Then I think gst-launch-0.10 dshowvideosrc ! fakesink can play (I should ask
you first) because dvsd is ok with the current implementation.
But in this case I can see from the implementation that dshowvideosrc
outputs
video/x-dv
You should see it using -v option.
Anyway, ffmpegcolorspace doest not handle video/x-dv, that's why you got
"WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link dshowvideosrc0 to ffmpegcsp0"

Then you could try to insert a ffdec_dvvideo (if you have it) bettween
dshowvideosrc and ffmpegcolorspace.
(note that I do not know if gstreamer has a dv decoder that does not come
from gst-ffmpeg)

Sincerely

Julien